Cybersecurity can be defined as a set of skills and knowledge required to secure and protect an organization’s IT systems from cyberattacks.
Every sector of work has to deal with many types of corruption, which are needed to be monitored and managed in order to maintain the workflow free from corrupt practices.
Similarly, in the world of technology, the corruption is called as cyberattacks. Cyberattacks are done by individuals who know each and every aspect of the cyber world. They tend to corrupt IT systems to acquire confidential data by installing dangerous malware. This is a criminal offense that can be rectified and monitored by learning thick and thins of cyber operations.
But learning Cybersecurity skills is not enough, but an interested individual should learn Cybersecurity operations from a well-recognized institution. These institutions provide certifications that showcase an individual’s ability and knowledge to troubleshoot Cybersecurity issues.
Here are five well known critical training courses and certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
In the Cybersecurity field, Ethical Hacking is known to be the best way to counter-attack notorious hackers. To stop a criminal one has to think like the criminal, it is not easy to do so, well, that is the reason why the Ethical Hacking course is developed.
The most important topics that are covered in the CEH course are:
- Hacking Techniques that are able to target mobile platforms, cloud computing platforms, and huge operating systems
- Learning about the previous and latest malware and viruses
- Coverage of all Information Security related laws and standards
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
CISA certification concentrates on educating individuals about information auditing. An IT professional having CISA certification has the ability and experience of IT Auditing. The CISA Certified Professionals have the capability of vulnerability management and related issues.
They have essential skills for IT Auditing like:
- They know the procedure of Information Auditing Systems
- They have the knowledge of IT Governance and Management
- They know the techniques protect Information assets
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
The CISSP is course educates and empowers an individual to work effortlessly troubleshoot issues that may arise in network security.
The skills of CISSP professionals are as follows:
- Access Control
The candidates have to have at least three years of experience in the IT field. The CISSP is considered as the topmost level certification in the field of Cybersecurity.
The professionals who are looking to get promotion as a CISO are highly recommended to achieve the CISSP certification.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
The CISM is considered as one of the best-known Cybersecurity certifications. Individuals looking for getting the CISM certification should have experience in the IT field of 5 years or more.
The CISM exam is tough, but once it is achieved, then nothing can stop such an individual from getting high positions in any organization.
The CISM certified professionals are admired for having skills like:
- Information Security Program Development and management
- Information Security Management
- Information Security Incident Management
- Information Risk Management and compliance
The whole exam requires discreet in-depth knowledge related to the Cybersecurity field.
- CompTIA Security+
The CompTIA Security+ is considered as a baseline certification for IT professionals who are beginning their IT journey. Interested individuals have to spend two years to achieve this certification. This certification is considered a common certification in the IT field as it doesn’t target only one vendor product line.
In this certification course, an individual can acquire knowledge of the broader vision of the IT field. The main topics that are covered by this course are:
- Network Attack strategies and Defence practices techniques
- Network and Host-Based
- Components of effective security policies
- Business Continuity and Disaster recovery
Achievement of any certification in any field makes a huge difference in the matter of updating and improving skills and gaining essential knowledge about the latest trends, which can be adopted to any organization’s growth to another level.
A certification is indeed proof of ability and knowledge one possesses regarding a field.